Friday, February 19, 2016

I Never Knew You

I Never Knew You - Harriett Ford

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matt 7:23 KJV


A place for miracles? It's listed in I Corinthians as one of the gifts of the spirit. Clearly the Lord Jesus has not ceased to heal and deliver.

We also see many televangelists proclaim they are healing the sick and casting out demons. The passage in Matthew 7: 21-23 used to scare me. How could anyone who did miracles in the name of the Lord be lost eternally? Could I be deceived by such a person, Lord?

"By their fruit you shall know them."

The Hebrew word "yada" means to share love that bears fruit. It is first found in Genesis regarding Adam and Eve. When Jesus told those who claimed they worked miracles and cast out demons in His name, "I never knew (yada) you, ye workers of iniquity," He was saying that he never saw them bear the fruit of sharing intimacy with Him. Instead they practiced iniquity, which means to be unjust and unequal in our dealings with others.

The workers of iniquity are those who eat up God's people like bread, Psalm 14:4, speak peace when mischief is in their hearts (Psalm 28:3), and lay snares for the saints (Psalm 141:9).

The money Judas received for betraying Jesus is called "the reward of iniquity" (Acts 1:18).

Judas was among the twelve whom Jesus sent out to preach, heal the sick, and cast out demons in (Luke 9). Yet even after this, Judas worked iniquity.

Help Lord. Call me back to abiding in You when the thorns and thistles of earthly cares sometimes choke out the Word's productivity in me. Let me share the intimacy of love with You, and be a fruitful branch.

Harriett is an author and speaker. Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment