Friday, February 19, 2016

A Den of Thieves in My Temple?!!


A Den of Thieves in My Temple? 


Jesus said, "It is written, My house will be a house of prayer, but you have made it a den of thieves!" (NIV). He then grabbed a whip and drove out the money changers.

Doesn't this just break your heart? What a cruel disappointment for the Son of God, who had such passionate zeal for His Father's house.  
Lord, I want my living temple to be a place where You enjoy dwelling. Not a place where You have to grab a whip.
I don't want a den of thieves in my heart who can rob me of our fellowship.
Help me to keep it swept and clean every day, so it is a comfortable place for You Who are the essence of love, and mercy.
I know that thieves like unforgiveness cannot remain, no matter how great the offense.
Please show me also the  little foxes which can destroy the fruit of the spirit. Small irritations, cross words, frustrations I may have forgotten.  If I do not forgive these offenses, why should You forgive mine?
If there are thieves I have allowed to remain, please help me drive them out. I long for sweet fellowship with You.
I want the temple of the Holy Spirit, which is my body, to be a place of joyful worship, just as You desired that temple in Jerusalem to be--a place where You feel at home. 
Amen


Harriett Ford is a writer of faith-based suspense novels, a Bible Study book on healing, and a collection of 38 interviews with people who have experienced life-changing encounters with the Living God. Visit her at hlfordbelieves.com or Harriettford.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment