Thursday, December 18, 2014


By Rick Renner
 devotional author
IS THERE A SPECIFIC WAY TO PRAY about each instance that comes into your life that will remove every obstacle and foil the enemy’s strategies against you in that situation? A phrase in Romans 8:26 sheds some light on that question: “… for we know not what we should pray for AS WE OUGHT….” That phrase “we ought” comes from the Greek word DEI, which means NECESSARY. Thus, this phrase refers to something that MUST be a certain way. So this part of verse 26 could be translated, “…We do not know how to pray according to the need, as is necessary to pray, or as that need exactly demands.”
Some needs demand a different kind of prayer. And this verse here says that without the Holy Spirit’s cooperation in prayer, we don’t know how to pray as each need demands. But thank God, His Spirit comes to remove our weaknesses and to HELP us in our inadequacy to know what to pray!
How does the Holy Spirit actually help us? We know from the word “helpeth” that He partners with us in prayer, grabbing hold of the obstacle and pushing against it in conjunction with us to remove that satanic blockade. I’ll share a little more later about how the Holy Spirit partners with us in prayer in other languages-- but today I just wanted to give you something to THINK ABOUT! – Rick Renner
Like ·  · Share
·         Top Comments
Penny Robichaux and 1,402 others like this.
·         563 shares
·        
Write a comment...


·        
Joy Harrelson I pray in tongues everyday because the Holy Spirit knows best how to pray and knows whats needed in each situation.
·        
Tim Cracknell Thanks Rick your insights on this are ground breaking for me.
·          
·        
Genny Longwell I pray often:) building up myself on my most holy faith ,praying in the Holy Ghost!
·        
Jimmy Barrett Praying in the Holy Spirit gets me threw the day and taps in to the mind of the spirit for Gods plan!
·        
Linda Boyd Praying in tongues works for me.
·        
·        
Joe'l Centrone Reming Keep these coming!!! Thank you!!!!
·        
Paula Rhodes- Rush Thanks for sharing...that was very helpful to me this morning . Definitely something to think about.
·        
De Primeaux Praying in the Spirit is the Anointing that breaks the yoke and this is what I needed today!! This is my answer- need to pray in the Spirit!!~ I know this Bro. Rick but God used you for that Ramah moment and for that I greatly thank you!!~


No comments:

Post a Comment