Friday, February 19, 2016

A Secret Revealed

Have you ever searched the multiple layers of God's Word and been thrilled to discover what has previously been a hidden truth?

I lay awake one night unsatisfied, because I had been seeking first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, yet still seeing through a glass darkly.

I had listened throughout the week to sermons, teachings, Bible truths and it seemed I was never going to do master all the wonderful things I have learned. 

"Lord I need to pray this, and do this thing, and do this other, and do that one too," I thought. "I need more Bread of Heaven to equip me!"

The Lord impressed on my heart: The secret things that belong to me, but I have given you manna for one day at a time.

"Okay Lord, what's my manna for today?" I asked, ready for my marching orders.

One single word echoed in my spirit. "Love."

Love! That's it. Love fulfills all the law, covers a multitude of sins, and when we  operate in love it activates faith (Gal. 5:6). 

What a secret revealed. It is so simple. Love is what we are wired for.

When we act in love, Jesus is recreating His image in us. And when we see Him, we shall be like Him, according to I John 3:2.

Lord let Your love and your Word transform me into Your image, not one dependent on a hundred thou shalts and shalt nots, but a light reflecting Your glory because I have chosen to walk in Your Love toward others.


Harriett Ford is a writer of faith-based books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment